Saturday, December 17, 2005
HELP! ALL I CAN SEE IS RED!
Lately, I've felt less of the holiday spirit and more red-hot anger rushing through my veins. I am totally going over to the dark side. It's bad stuff. And why-- I have plently of reasons to be happy!
But it's just everywhere in the news lately... Stupid people doing stupid things.
- Bill O-Reily making an idiot of himself and raising a stink on national TV about how Christians are offended when people say "Seasons Greetings" or "Happy Holidays" -- no, no no I am a Christian and that's the stupidest thing I've heard. If someone ever came up to me to wish me "Happy Rape Day" THEN I'd be offended. The mere fact that someone is wishing you a Happy Holiday-- whatever it may be, is NICE.
- the "American Family Association" is calling for a boycott of Ford for advertising in Gay magazines. It makes me mad that someone could pick the name "American Family Association" which sounds so good and positive and make it something as pointless and stupid as this. The AFA says "All we wanted was for Ford to refrain from choosing sides in the cultural war, and supporting groups which promote same-sex marriage is not remaining neutral." What cultural war? Are the "fags" threatening you with any weapons of Mass destruction? Do you see gay peoply boycotting displays of heterosexual relationships? NO. They just want to be left alone.
- More stupidity.. Pro-Life Action League of Chicago called for a boycott of American Girl dolls and merchandise. Because American Girl is teaming up with Girls Inc. -- a nonprofit since 1864 that has provided over $1.8 million in college scholarships to girls, and played a crucial role in advocacy for legislation such as Title IX and the Violence Against Women Act. They also encourage women to take on roles in math, science and politics. They offer after-school programs to underprivileged girls on subjects ranging from pregnancy prevention to substance abuse. On the website, Girls Inc, states its support for girls who might be questioning their sexuality, as well as a woman's right to choose. Those two statements apparently mean they are evil (stupid #1) and conservative groups are calling for a boycott of NOT ONLY Girls Inc., but American Girl as well (stupid #2) --- fine, just overlook all the other good their doing and make it a narrow political agenda. STUPID
- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has described the Holocaust as "a myth" and suggested that Israel be moved to Europe, the United States, Canada or Alaska. How about people just live together? And Jews don't need their own separate little country from anyone? AND YOU READ A HISTORY BOOK! STUPID!
On a more personal note.. Stupid stuff that is making me mad
- School bookstore taking advantage of me... royally
-People who drink so much that they ruin the evening for everyone else
- Getting called for jury duty over holiday break..... *sigh*
- Crazy old ladies that call where I work and want to share personal information about bathroom episodes.
- Anger in general.... I feel angry about way too much stuff lately. It's Christmas or HOLIDAY TIME (whichever). Why am I so mad? Just too many bad headlines lately. I need to find my happy Zen place..
Ommmmm.... ommmm.... Ommmmyyyy GOD why am I still ANGRY!?!!??!?!