Monday, April 17, 2006

I remember...




I wanted to make a short entry today to remember a fellow University student Dru Sjodin

April 17 is the day Dru came home after being found in a Minnesota ravine.

We must never forget Dru and the violence women suffer. I remind everyone that the National Coalition of Victims in Action (NCVIA) is urgently calling upon the United States Senate to pass S.1086, also known as the “Sex Offender Registration and Notification Act,” into law. This Act will allow states to maintain searchable, up-to-date sex offender website registries. It will also make the failure of released sex offenders to cooperate with registration and tracking of their whereabouts a felony.

Dru was a part of my school community. I grieve at the senseless loss of such a beautiful life when it could have been prevented.

Lost but not gone. We remember Dru.

No comments: