Monday, July 16, 2007

Not that I'm bitter

I'm angry at this point in my life. I feel like believing in God isn't so bad but organized religion causes nothing but problems and I have very specific anger in my heart for Catholic clergy.

For many reasons. My mother and I left the Catholic church years ago leaving my poor dad behind. There are plenty of priests out there who are quiet amazing--- I've even met a few. But the fact of the matter is, when it comes to the big-wigs in Vatican City. I would just as soon kick them in the shin. Seriously. Where the hell do they get off?

First the pope comes out with some bullshit about how you're not down with the G-O-D unless you're willing to worship (er-- follow) the Pope. After all, if you're not Catholic, you're just wounded.

"Christ 'established here on earth' only one church," the document said. The other communities "cannot be called 'churches' in the proper sense" because they do not have apostolic succession — the ability to trace their bishops back to Christ's original apostles.

They have the audacity to put that crap out there days before this hits.

Cardinal Roger Mahony apologized Sunday to the plaintiffs, who claim to have been sexually abused by archdiocese priests. He acknowledged that the settlement will not buy back their childhood.

You know what Mr. Pope, I don't think now was the best time to advertise that you are the only religion that "gets it" do you? Cause clearly you don't.

Yes. I take this all very personally. I take it personally when a bunch of men, who conveniently rule out women in every major role of influence and deny women any reproductive autonomy decide to inform the world that "ours is the only REAL way to go."

Oh and did I mention that they also try to tell you how to vote *otherwise no communion for you!* and they hate gay people.

Yeah. What winners!

No comments: