Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Bullshit excuses hit a new level

Dentist claims that female patients needed their breasts groped to treat TMJ (temporo-mandibular joint disorder).

Of course this "doctor" is calling it pectoral muscle massage .

Funny story. I myself have suffered from TMJ and saw several dentists about the problem. Not one of them suggested groping my breasts. We talked about using an overnight mouth guard, or getting a retainer. Eventually I opted for an inpatient procedure that grinded and "reshaped" my teeth and bite alignment. Haven't had many problems since -- Isn't it funny how you can get adequate medical care without feeling demeaned and violated?

I'm not saying that medical professionals don't find new ways to treat problems but COME ON!!!!!!!!! I'm thinking that this dentist could have done these "massages" with some supervision or perhaps just done the rubbing ABOVE CLOTHING....

Deputy Attorney General Jeffrey Phillips gave Lew three new complaints, including one from a 31-year-old woman who said Anderson fondled her at least six times over two years. She took to wearing tight shirts with high necklines, "and Anderson would still get in under her shirt and bra," according to a police report.

Yeah, well you know how thick and cumbersome bras can be when you're trying to really work those pectoral muscles.

Complete and utter load of bunk. And not to be a total bitch, but this tidbit is a HUGE tip off.
Zaro [lawyer] said Anderson [dentist] needs to keep seeing patients so he can feed his seven children and pay for his defense.

It is my personal experience that only really, REALLY weird people have 7 kids anymore. If I ever meet a family with 7+ kids who seems normal, I'll take it back but 100 bucks says that this guy is some weird anti-birth control dude. It would be so typical--- sexually repressed, religious types who are secret freaks/criminals when it comes to sexually appropriate behavior.

Note to dentist charged with "two misdemeanor counts of battery and sexual battery": I hope you recognize irony when it bites you in the ass. My impersonation of this ass-backwards argument:

"Yes please don't take my job where I sexually abused my clients under the guise of treating their health problems-- I need it to pay the legal bill to prove that didn't happen-- REALLY it was just a pectoral massage!!!"

Yeah and you're just a pervert-asshole-creep masquerading as a professional.

UGH -- I have to go floss now.


**Update/Correction-- so as I was flossing, this funny thought occurred to me, MY grandmother had 11 kids, AND my boyfriend's grandmother had 13. And they weren't weird. Well, take that back, my grandma was kinda a nutter. However, I came to the conclusion that it was a different time and birth control was not legal.

However, some people may honestly feel medical birth control/barrier methods aren't right for them (or they legitimately want 7+ kids-- I guess that doesn't necessarily make you weird).

However the minute anyone starts lecturing me on the rhythm method, or how birth control is abortion and/or women should fulfill their Godly duty and have lots of children --- THEN they officially become weird.

The end. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand how this could happen. Did he explain to the women what he was going to do? Not that it was their fault, but why did they keep goign back to him?

Tobes said...

I know-- it's my first thought too. But I think it's because this is a trusted medical professional. It's hard to believe this could happen to you.

He was telling these women that "I need to do this for a medical condition that you have-- it's completely professional."

The women may have thought that they were overreacting or didn't want to say anything because they were ashamed.

My hometown was recently rocked by a scandal like this...

During a two-day Grand Forks hearing in May, four women testified that Frokjer had inappropriately touched them in the breast or groin area during physical examinations at Altru Hospital related to their admittance for oral surgery.

The article I'm quoting went on to say:

One woman testified that she told Frokjer three times (3 times!!!) that if she needed a breast exam, she would have one done by her gynecologist or family physician, but he proceeded to touch her breasts anyway.

“She testified that this breast exam was totally different than past breast exams.” The other women also testified that Frokjer's breast examinations were different from ones that they had before.

The decision of the state dental board?....

“It was a difficult case to judge.” Hoberg concluded that “the evidence shows that the complainants' perceptions of reality are not in accord with reality.”

Hmmm. Really makes me want to come forward if all I'm gonna be told is "you don't know crap about medicine and you're out of touch with reality."

I think that women are told, "don't make waves and don't question authority." We look at doctors and dentists at people who 'do unpleasant things for our own good' and people who know more about what they're doing than we do.

And it works in their favor-- in the GF case, Dr. Frokjer may get off on these charges cause he alleges that they were medically necessary-- same with this jerkoff -- "it's just a pectoral massage."

Sarah @ All The Book Blog Names Are Taken said...

I used to want to have seven kids when I was little because seven has always been my lucky number. But that was also when I was little and thought a stork brought babies. When I got older and found out where babies really came from, I decided 7+ was a little much.

Tobes said...

Yeah-- amen to that.