Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Dear Obama, WTF?


I actually consider myself a supporter of both Obama and Hillary. I feel they are both exciting, qualified candidates and would help turn our country around.

This was one of the toughest decisions for me, primary-wise. I was undecided even the morning of our state caucus. Ultimately I realized that I share more key points with Hillary and I feel she is more qualified with more years of experience. Whatever the outcome, our country will be so much better off than we are now. And I certainly won't cry and pull out my hair if Obama takes it over Clinton.

I mean, really, the two candidates are similar on so many key issues. I want to know who these crazy-ass people are who swear they'll vote McCain if their democratic candidate doesn't win the primary. Okay, you just shouldn't be allowed to vote if that's your solution... seriously! That's akin to saying you didn't get the right color Mercedes convertible so instead you're going to drive off a cliff.

If Hillary doesn't get the nomination, my vote will happily go to Barack.

But here's the thing. He needs to stop pissing me off and saying sexist crap.

Dakota woman blog has a great post on an initial sexist comment from Obama:
"I understand that Senator Clinton, periodically when she's feeling down, launches attacks as a way of trying to boost her appeal," he told reporters.

"When she's feeling down?" -- Holy crap, why not just say: "When she's having bitchy mood swings"?

Then today I read this gem on NBC.

I have a great deal of respect for Senator Obama, but we have differences, and in the last several days, some of those differences in tactics and choices that Senator Obama’s campaign has made ... have been very disturbing to me,” she said at the outset of the debate.

Obama did not back down. He said that he had faced the same tactics from Clinton’s supporters but that “we haven’t whined about it because I understand that’s the nature of these campaigns.”

Yeah! You tell 'em Barack. Your campaign isn't a bunch of whiny GIRLS, is it?

And no. I'm not reading too much into this.

Barack. I love ya. You seem like a great guy. Please quit saying sexist stuff because it makes it harder for me to believe you when you talk about "change." Putting down women in Washington is nothing new and it's really making me doubt you.

That and this unfortunate incident. (I frickin' love Shakesville blog).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa whoa dolly.... You know I love you, but I think you are reading too much into this.

One reason that I absolutely LOVE obama is because he always tries to put kind of a lighter spin on issues when he is pressed to get into the kind of tabloid-drama of politics. If he was facing a male opponent, I don't know if he would have said, "when he is feeling down" or that his campaign wasn't "whining," but he might of. The spirit of what he was saying was that Hilary is losing and she, in my opinion, isn't doing it very gracefully. The fact is that Hilary is trying to smear Obama so that people will pull their support, and she isn't doing a very good job of it, and in the end it's making herself look worse. And I think that SHE has not handled that very well, but that Obama has done his best, when asked, to give his opinion about why she is doing it in the first place. If he had said, "It always seems to happen at a certain time in the month" or if he HAD mentioned mood swings, then I would be with you on this one.

In her attempt to try to pull out all the stops and just beat Obama, she actually completely LOST my support, for one, but also, I think, lost any chances of the vice-president nod (which would have been incredibly important for everyone), and could have continued her career after Obama's presidency is over. I have ended up becoming an Obama supporter more because I like the way that he has campaigned; no special interest money, no smearing or mud-fights with Hilary, and no stooping down to her level by trying to smear her-- I mean come on. There have been two or three times that I've actually been frustrated with him for NOT fighting back because I think that her attacks are so vicious and unfounded.

Anonymous said...

I won't vote for Hillary because she has chubby legs. I won't vote for Obama because he has a funny mole on his face. Yes, I am a legist and moleist and I believe looks do matter.

Anonymous said...

You definitely looked into this way too deeply. Wow.