Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Disturbing music video


Okay-- what in the hell is up with this video? I don't know what to make of it.

At 1:30 into the video we find that the woman in lingerie is keeping a bound and gagged Kayne West in the trunk. She's sensually touches him and then proceeds to murder him with a shovel.

I don't get it. Kayne's the star here so I assume he had a say if not the say in the concept for this video. So why did he go at it from this angle? Is this supposed to be sexy? Does this have anything to do with the song? Are 'murderous bitches in black garter belts' the new "in" thing?

All I know is that this video profoundly disturbs me. If the situation were reversed and Kayne opened the trunk and murdered a helpless woman, WAY more negative attention would be paid (probably because in the real world, that's more than likely how the crime would go down).

However, this type of sexualized domestic violence is just as disturbing to me when it's female to male... plus it's just WEIRD. Seriously, I want to call the producer and be like, "Sooooo.... why?"

No comments: